Habbo is a very old game and there are a huge amount of features that need to be rebuilt with Unity in the new Modern client.
At the moment, in order to have the best Habbo experience, we advise you to download the Flash client and use that to play Habbo.
Below is a list of features that either aren’t working in the Unity version of Habbo yet (the Modern client) or that are being discontinued:
- Yahoo and Twitter identification methods will be removed.
- The ability to hide walls and set the thickness of floors and walls has been moved from the room settings menu to the floor plan editor. This means that it’s no longer a benefit of HC membership.
- The ability to edit group badges and colours after group creation has been removed.
- Some obsolete achievements have been removed or archived.
- Some achievements related to temporarily missing features are archived or ‘off-season'.
- The doorbell room access mode has been removed. Rooms with this mode active are now treated as inaccessible in the old client.
- Some obsolete room settings have been removed.
- The new client doesn’t have a camera function, nor do room thumbnails exist in the Navigator.
- The guardian/helper system has been discontinued.
- Relationship status has been replaced with friend starring. This is in effect a way of ‘favouriting’ your friends.
- Group forums will be implemented later.
- Secret crafting recipes will be implemented in the future, but basic ones have been implemented.
Below is a list of furni that isn’t functional in the Modern client yet. It’s extremely difficult to say how long it will take to implement each of them, also whether or not we will even implement all of them. Because of time constraints, relevancy, and complexity, some features just don’t make sense to implement in the Modern client. We will be keeping the community updated about which we implement in 2021.
- Stickie poles
- Mini-game systems (snow war, hockey etc.)
- Camera photo wall items
- Furni with customisable colours
- Water floating furni
- Step-on state switches
- One-way teleports
- Effect givers
- Mannequin furni
- Chatter furni (furni that produce randomised lines of text.)
- Rentable spaces within rooms
- Multi-user reaction furni (furni that changes when more than one Habbo interacts with it.)
- Furni that produce sound effects
- In-room embedded videos
- Cuckoo Clocks